Note: These herpes (and usually HPV) groups are not run by HWerks. They are run by awesome volunteers! While some groups may focus on support, others may be purely for social and dating. Local groups are just another way to meet people in your area and are a great asset to the community! Each group is different so please visit their website for more details. See the Local Groups page to learn more or Join HWerks and start meeting people today!
Iowa Quick Facts
- Population: 3,046,355 (2010 Census)
- Population Rank: 30th
- State Capitol: Des Moines
- Largest Cities: Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Waterloo, Iowa City, Council Bluffs, Dubuque, Ames, Cedar Falls
- Border States: Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- State Size: 26th
- Fun Fact: Iowa has the highest literacy rate in the United States. More than 99 percent of Iowa’s citizens can read.
Omaha / Council Bluffs H Friends
From their Website:
We don’t have any good local support groups in the area that I know of so this group will hopefully be a way for people to meet and mingle and for those who are feeling alone with herpes or HPV to no longer feel that way. I know the title says Omaha / CB H friends but if you are a little further away, feel free to join and come when you can!